Any recipe posted has been made, tasted-tested and highly approved by our Envision team! Not only are these recipes mega tasty, but they are healthy and easy to create.
Kristan Huntley shared this one with us. She discovered this tasty salad on skinnytaste.com . Check out their website for more recipes!
SOUTHWESTERN BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz cooked corn, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Add avocado just before serving.
Makes about 6 1/2 cups.